Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Hey everyone! Well, I figure it's about time I start blogging again. Here's what's happened since my last post in...July

Nothing.

Well, mostly true, anyway. I started to have pretty severe lower back pain, so I stopped going to the gym for a bit. Then it got worse, blah blah blah. Well, Matt's and his cousin Reed started going to the gym everyday, which, like any jealous puppy, made me decide I wanted to start going again. I was still in pain, but it was kind of alright....Until I got rear-ended by some silly boy who I believe was texting.

Then it started to get worse, and I stopped going to the gym. My clothes have been progressively getting tighter, until I bought new pants for work. Yes, it came to that. I was seriously using a rubberband to "button" my pants up. (Wow, I really have no shame on this blog!)

I thought about my options, and made my decision. I needed to get through school, more than I needed to lose weight. Last semester was really stressful for me, but don't worry. I made it! A few days after the semester ended, we headed for Disneyland. YOU try to eat healthy there, and then we'll talk about what I ate. (Oooh, delicious funnel cake....) :)

We came home on Sunday, and by Sunday night, I decided that I'd had enough. The games were over. I said good bye to sweets and refined carbs, and all that crap I was eating. Oh, did I mention that I am supposed to eat gluten-free?

Well, that Sunday was Dec 27th. I weighed in last week at 194.4, but then it went up to 195.4, so I am using that number to measure my weight loss because I can. As of this morning, I am at 185.8!! It was so amazing to see me weight drop down so fast. My clothes already fit SO much better, and I feel so great, not just physically, but mentally too! I can do anything!!

Many of you have asked what I am doing. Well, I don't want to be selfish, so I will tell you. I am doing a cleanse. Now, before you judge me and think "Well, she'll just gain it back", Let me tell you what I am doing, as well as my past experience.

For 2 weeks I am eating nothing but chicken, certain kinds of fish, eggs, and most vegetables. (Corn is a grain, which comes later. No potatoes for now either.) I have a stock of "modified" deviled eggs in my fridge, as well as "modified" chicken salad, and soup. By modified, I mean that I am using light Miracle Whip, and I am using just enough to make it all stick together. Plus I add dijon mustard, a little paprika and BAM! Yummyness at my service. For the chicken salad I do the same thing-easy on the light Miracle Whip, plus I add celery, green onions, whatever. For the soup, I found a bunch of veggies that I had such as stewed tomatoes, peas, green beans, mushrooms, etc, plus cooked chicken and threw it in a pot. Add some parsley and voila! So good. Avacados are a MUST! I don't care for guacamole, but that is fine too. I drink carrot juice, which I actually do like. You can buy it at Costco. It tastes really yummy if you add celery juice too. (You have to make that yourself) I lightly snack on almonds, too. They are great for a quick fix.

For breakfast I make scrambled eggs with a *little* bit of bacon bits (the real stuff from Costco), which I know is not part of this phase, but I'm ok with that. Then I add chopped onions, and top it off with salsa.

I eat a lot of salads, with almost no dressing. Most of them usually have a lot of sugar in, so I will find a good healthy dressing recipe, and post it on here. I usually dip my fork in a cup of it.

On Sunday night I will be able to add fruits back in to my diet. One thing my mom mentioned to me about fruit is that it is vital to eat the whole fruit, not just the juice because it is missing the fiber, and your body needs that for balance.

If anyone is interested in trying this, you have a support group-me. I would recommend starting out by adding a lot of salads into your diet, and cutting out the crap, then start this. You need to dedicate yourself to yourself. Many people think that this is a diet. That is absolutely not true. By the end of this cleanse, you will be eating how your body was built to eat.

Well, anyway that is enough of me. If you want to know more, let me know! I am happy to share what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment