Saturday, January 16, 2010

Steak Night!

So Matt has inventory at work, which means that I may not see him until I wake up tomorrow. :( I totally hate when he has inventory, but I'm grateful he has such a great job, so I can't really complain. Plus who doesn't love overtime, right? lol.

I tidied my house up a little, then hit the books for a while. After I finally gave in to the fact that I was hungry, I decided to pull out my cook book created by the wonderful people at Pioneer Comprehensive Medical in Draper, Ut, specifically Dr. Hugo Rodier, who created this miraculous cleanse that I am doing. The first page of recipes is all about steak. SWEET! That was totally what I was in the mood for!

After 14 hours in line at Wal-Mart, I am finally eating this delicious plate of yummy-ness, and I just HAD to share the recipe. It is soooo good. Happy eating!

Steak and Carmelized Onions
10 oz strip steak, visible fat removed
Olive oil spray
1 Cup sliced red onion
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
4 Medium sized garlic cloves
1/2 Portobello mushroom, sliced (3 cups)
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Line baking tray with foil and place under the broiler. Spray steak with oil on both sides and set aside. Heat a little oil in a small non-stick skillet on medium high and add the onions. Saute 1 minute. Add chicken broth, cover with lid and cook on high for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook another minute, or until all the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and mushrooms, saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the hot baking tray from broiler and place steak on tray. Broil 4 minutes for 1 inch steak, 2 minutes for a thinner one. Turn steak, salt and pepper cooked side. Broil 4 minutes for thicker steak, 2 minutes for thinner steak. Transfer to plates. Smother with onions and mushrooms. Serve. Yum!

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but it was still so good! I used sirloin steak, chopped garlic from a jar, regular mushrooms, frozen onions, and cooked it on my Foreman. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

-Skinny Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment