Monday, March 30, 2009

Fueling the Fire, My Mom is a Psychic

Well, week 1 is over. Time to post the results...(drum roll please) 188.0!!!!!! And I'm down a full inch on my waist! I am feeling so good today. I'll be honest, my enthusiasm was starting to diminish a little. You know how you get really excited about something, and then after a few days you don't care as much anymore? (I am only adding this because I KNOW I am not the only one who feels this way) Well, it happened to me, especially after I didn't go to the gym on Saturday :( I felt sad about that. On Saturday morning I weighed in at 190.4. I was thrilled! I was chatting with my mother dearest last night, and she said something to the effect of "well maybe you will be in the 80's tomorrow, and you'll never have to go back to the 90's". Mom-will you predict my weight for next week? 70's perhaps? lol! Words honestly cannot describe how I feel to have that "9" gone. My goal is absolutely attainable. I just have to focus, and make it a priority. When I go up the plethora of stairs at the school, several times/day, instead of dreading/complaining about them, I think to myself "psh, PLEEEASE! I can take on those stairs! Bring it!" I don't complain about parking in "Far-Far-Away" anymore. I get excited when I reach the building because I think "Sweet! I got my heart rate up!"

Anyway, I feel super happy and oh-so motivated all over again. The flame hadn't completely gone out, but it needed a little fuel. It's a good thing I hired a trainer last week! Now I have someone to kick my butt at the gym, and to encourage me there too. Horray for exercise!!

On Friday I bought a little calendar that I carry with me. It has just enough space for me to write what I eat through out the day. Loni informed me that a serving of fruit is equal to 1/2 med. apple. Wow! I was totally suprised by that. I have been really careful to not OD on my fruit intake (no more than 5 servings/day). I'm so glad to know what a proper portion size is! Also, I have been trying to make sure that I eat enough veggies. So far, so good! Loni also taught me a little trick to making veggies not taste like diet food so much: grill them! It works so well. I heart grilled asparagus. In fact, I think I will have some when I go home for lunch. Also, in my handy dandy notebook I put a check mark everytime I drink 8 oz of water. I love spending my energy on something so good for me! Now I have to do homework, which is good for my grades.

Oh, and one more thing-due to my vast amount of blogging, I am typing a lot faster than I ever have. Man, this whole weight loss thing is doing wonders for me!

1 comment: